Saturday, October 2, 2010

What's your dream about a better world?



If I could imagine a better world it would be a place where all men 15-35 had to go to mandatory paintball matches every weekend. I am not a diehard fan of paintball, but I do think it's super fun and if men were all playing paintball every weekend in some Ender's Game style War game competitions, it would be a harmless and even productive way to release all of our aggression, competitiveness, cruelty, etc. We'd all come back to work on Monday morning calm and satisfied having released gallons of testosterone from our brains the day before. I guess woman benefit from the team-building exercises and direct (as opposed to gossiping and messing with eachothers psychology) communication. ok, paintball for everyone!
Well, that's my opinion, here is what Larisa from B4 had to say:

What's Your Dream About a Better World? There is an old story about a man who wanted to change the world, to make it better... I would like to tell you this story. Once upon a time there was a man whose name was Edward - just Edward. He was seriously worried about peaple on the world, becouse all they became lier, mean and arrogant. Words like "trust", "love", "respect" were disapearing day by day... So...he decided to go to a philosopher to ask him for any solutions for saving the piece in the world. He foud a thinker-philosopher and asked him:" I want to change the world, to make it prettier... How can I do it? What I have to start with?" The old man looked in Edward's eyes long and then said:"Oh, my son... If you realy want to do this, then listen to me attentively. The world is so big, so you must choose a country in the world you will start with. You know your county better then others, so choose it... But it is still a very big area, for this reason you have to choose a city in the country. It could be your own city, becouse you know it well." Edward was listening intently. Old man sighed with langour and then went on: "After that you have to choose a street in the city. It would be easier to start with the street you're living in. Next choose a house in the street. I advise you to shoose your own house, I mean your family. But that is not all. You should decide who will be the person in your family you will start with?" Then Edward looked excitedly to the philisopher and exclaimed: "Oh, now I understood you! If I want to change the world I must to change myself firstly! I must make myself better, be an example for my children..." The story is very long, I told you just a little part of it. At the end Edward changed himself, after that he successfuly made a lot of people around of him kinder... When I dream for a better world, I just wish everybody try to change themselves for to be better, kinder, more honest and humane...

No comments:

Post a Comment